On October 1st, Microsoft updated their Partner Incentives for indirect CSP resellers. Indirect CSP means you purchase Office365 or Azure through distributors like Ingram Micro, SherWeb, or Pax8. In order take advantage of these incentives, you need to be a Silver or Gold partner with one of the competencies below:
|Windows and Devices||Silver or Gold|
|Enterprise Mobility Management||Silver or Gold|
|Cloud Customer Relationship Management||Silver or Gold|
|Cloud Productivity||Silver or Gold|
|Data Analytics||Silver or Gold|
|Cloud Platform||Silver or Gold|
|Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions||Silver or Gold|
|Data Platform||Silver or Gold|
|Cloud Business Applications||Silver or Gold|
|Enterprise Resource||Silver or Gold|
- You'll need to be an active Microsoft Partner Network member
- Your organization needs to have a Gold or Silver level in one of the above competencies
- You need to sign up for the Partner Incentive Program (you can enroll by emailing OCINA@microsoft.com)
- You need a valid cloud reseller agreement
To check to see if you have any competencies, click here.
Now, let's examine the two tables below:
We will only pay attention to the Q2 incentives in the chart above. Microsoft's FY20 Q2 starts in October. They call their three clouds Intelligent Cloud, also known as Azure; Business Applications, also known as Dynamics365; and Modern Workplace, also known as M365. However, we will not be covering Dynamics365 here.
Office 365 Business Premium and above + Microsoft 365 Business and above
- 4% monthly - Core incentive*
- 5% monthly - Global Strategic Product Accelerator*
- 5% monthly - M365 Business Local Accelerator (US Only)*
- 5% monthly - Modern Workplace if MRR is > $250/month*
19% monthly for M365 Business/O365
Azure – (Intelligent Cloud) – All MSP workloads (Nerido Core, Professional, Enterprise)
- $500 one time – New Azure customer that surpasses $500 in MRR **
- $500 one time - New Azure customer that surpasses $1000 in MRR **
- $3500 one time – If Azure customer surpasses $5000 in MRR **
$4500 in total onetime incentives for selling Azure
Azure CSP Software Subscriptions and Reserved Instances
- 1.25% - CSP Software Subscription for Windows Server
- 6% - CSP Software Subscription for SQL Server
- 10% - Monthly rebate for RI’s consumed for Reserved Instances paid upfront
* These accelerators DO NOT need to be new subscriptions; it's for revenue billed starting October.
** These accelerators DO need to be new subscriptions.
All the above incentives are in addition to the discounts you already get from buying through a distributor. The O365/M365 incentives are all stackable, and the Azure incentives are all stackable as long as the levels are met.
As incentives change, be sure to check back to the Nerdio Academy to get the latest breakdown of these incentives.
Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter to get them in your inbox.