Nerdio, a pioneer in IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) and Azure automation technology, today announced the release of Nerdio for Azure (NFA), the IT automation platform for the Microsoft Cloud.
NFA addresses critical challenges faced by Cloud Solution Providers (CSPs) in moving their small- and medium-sized business (SMB) customers to Azure. While many CSPs are looking to add cloud services to their offerings or find alternatives to continued investment in their own infrastructures and/or platforms, migrating to and managing these environments can be daunting, costly, and complex.
Enter NFA: ridiculously simple provisioning, management, and optimization of entire IT environments in the Microsoft Cloud. In addition to having their customers’ entire IT environments on Azure in just three clicks and a couple of hours, NFA allows CSPs to effectively and efficiently manage these environments in their entirety.
Key features of NFA include:
- Robust suite of automated onboarding tools that speed up the migration process of an existing IT environment onto Azure.
- Complete flexibility to configure desktop size on a per-user basis.
- Provide any combination of dedicated virtual desktops (VDI) and shared RDS sessions for the best combination of performance, isolation, and cost.
- Support for heavy graphical workloads for engineers and designers, such as the ability to run CAD, architectural, and video editing software using Azure’s GPU-enabled instances.
- Intelligent, usage-based auto-scaling capabilities that automatically adjust compute resources by dynamically resizing or shutting down remote desktop hosts and VDI desktops when not in use.
- Desktop performance monitoring that utilizes actual end-user experience insights rather than traditional system metrics.
- Automated complete system backups and out-of-region disaster recovery.
“CSPs are being given significant incentives from Microsoft to transition their customers to Azure, but what’s been missing is an easy migration process,” said Paul Geurin, EVP of Sales and Business Development at Nerdio. “Nerdio For Azure provides the technology needed by CSPs to bring the full benefits of Azure and Office 365 to their customers.”
NFA leverages the power of Azure, including extensive security, compliance, redundancy, and global reach, as well as the latest Microsoft technologies such as Azure virtual machines, Office 365, Server 2016, GPU-enabled VM instances, and Azure Recovery Services.
“Our new Nerdio for Azure product is ideal for partners and customers who prefer to use Microsoft’s public cloud infrastructure instead of a private cloud. It’s also great for those who desire the elegance and ease-of-use of Nerdio’s ITaaS, but in a global public cloud environment,” said Vadim Vladimirskiy, Co-founder and CEO of Nerdio.
For more information about NFA, click here.
Nerdio, a pioneer in IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS), provides complete virtual IT for small-to-medium sized organizations and the MSPs who serve them. Nerdio’s private-cloud ITaaS platform delivers expertise and reliability of comprehensive IT infrastructure at your virtual fingertips – virtual hardware, software, security and 24/7 tech-nerd-support. Nerdio for Azure is the first cloud IT automation technology that delivers easy provisioning and management of complete IT environments on the Microsoft Cloud. Nerdio, a part of Adar, Inc., was founded in 2005.