- What’s your role here at Nerdio? What do you do on a day-to-day basis and how do you help partners/customers?
My role is enterprise sales for the Northeast region…every day I’m helping customers deploy, manage and optimize Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktops and Windows 365 using Nerdio. I also help partners learn about Nerdio and how to use it to help their customers with virtual desktop initiatives.
- What’s a fun fact about you that most people don’t know/couldn’t guess?
I sing and play keyboards and guitar in a dad band called Artificially Hip. We’re been playing at local bars, events and fundraisers for the last 9 years or so. There are 6 of us, 5 dads and one mom. We play a mix of classic rock, pop and a little country.
- What’s one technology advancement you hope to see or think we will see in the next ten years?
Flying cars… assuming this can be done without a large carbon footprint, the ability to have a personal vehicle or semi personal vehicle to get from place to place quickly without having to use a road would be amazing.
- What are three books you’d bring with you to a deserted island?
Beach Music by Pat Conroy, The Godfather by Mario Puzo, Short Stories by Ernest Hemingway.
- In your opinion, what’s the most rewarding part of working for Nerdio?
The most rewarding part is contributing to our mission of helping customers succeed. We know if our customers are successful, we’ll be successful. Every day is filled with collaboration with coworkers and discussions with partners and customers, all geared towards better virtual desktop experiences
- What sitcom family or friend group would you choose to be a part of?
Ted Lasso…I would love to be in the Diamond Dogs, and I think I’d give good advice.
- Besides a standard computer, what is the earliest piece of technology you remember owning?
I think I’d have to go with a Walkman. That was a big deal when it came out. I saved my money from my mowing lawns to get one. And then I used it when I mowed which made the work a little more tolerable.
- You’ve been with Nerdio for a while now. What’s motivated you to stick around?
We have an amazing group of people and an amazing product. I have worked at places that had one or the other, but rarely both at the same time. When you are able to work together to give customers a solution that impacts real challenges they have, it’s really cool.
- What’s the most valuable thing you’ve learned while working in tech?
Tech moves extremely fast. There is a great innovation and everything gets exponentially better, smaller, cheaper, faster very quickly. This means you have to be thinking about the future, and it also opens up many opportunities.
- What’s a current technology trend you’re passionate about?
I have been talking about the “year of the virtual desktop” for probably 12 years or so. I think it’s here! Fortunately I’m with a company that believes the same thing and has a product that helps with virtual desktops.