1. What’s your role here at Nerdio? What do you do on a day-to-day basis and how do you help partners/customers?
I am the Director of Sales Engineering on the Enterprise Sales team. I work directly with enterprise customers and partners. My general activities consist of demonstrating Nerdio Manager to our enterprise customers, providing training and knowledge transfer to our enterprise partners, helping customers deploy AVD and designing the best AVD landscape. My other responsibilities also include helping the Sales Engineering team achieve their goals, putting together training and education programs, and evangelizing our product through events and media.
2. What’s a fun fact about you that most people don’t know/couldn’t guess?
I have always been very comfortable in the water. I taught swimming lessons for the Red Cross when I was a teenager and completed my Open Water Lifeguard Certification at 17 years old.
3. What’s one technological advancement you hope to see or think we will see in the next ten years?
I hope to see significant advancements in power generation through cold fusion and nuclear waste processing.
4. What are three movies you’d bring with you to a deserted island?
Better Off Dead
5. In your opinion, what’s the most rewarding part of working for Nerdio?
The corporate-wide support from every employee to help others build on their success and have fun doing it.
6. What sitcom/TV/Movie family or friend group would you choose to be a part of?
That ’70s Show
7. Besides a standard computer, what is the earliest piece of technology you remember owning?
Our first Jerrold “Cable Box” Remote (with a cable tether).
8. You’ve been with Nerdio for a while now. What’s motivated you to stick around?
The quality of the product, leadership, and the excitement I receive from customers when they realize Nerdio brings AVD into the modern age.
9. What’s the most valuable thing you’ve learned while working in tech?
You’re never the smartest person in the room, and listening carefully to others will expand your knowledge.
10. What’s a current technology trend you’re passionate about?
Video streaming – I do it with a custom-built Plex server to house all of my videos and movies.