- What’s your role here at Nerdio? What do you do on a day-to-day basis and how do you help partners/customers?
I am a Channel Account Manager on our Enterprise Sales team, working with partners in North America serving the enterprise market. My day-to-day includes activities that fall along the partner relationship life cycle. These include onboarding partners, providing technical and enablement sessions, working with the partner teams to generate the Nerdio pipeline through webinars and in-person events, and, most importantly, making sure the enterprise partners have what they need to win at joint business with Nerdio.
- What’s a fun fact about you that most people don’t know/couldn’t guess?
I’ve been struck by lightning… twice! (Indirectly, thank goodness, but don’t hang out with me on a golf course during a storm!)
- What’s one technological advancement you hope to see or think we will see in the next ten years?
I hope that advances around affordable clean energy and clean water for all continue to develop. The earth is so fragile, so any progress around making it easy and affordable to “do the right thing” for Mother Earth, and all of us who inhabit this fine planet, is necessary.
- What are three movies you’d bring with you to a deserted island?
- Lost in Translation
- The Royal Tenenbaums
- In your opinion, what’s the most rewarding part of working for Nerdio?
Seeing the impact of my efforts, both from a sales perspective and also from a company growth and change perspective is very rewarding. We are a culture of drivers, which carries a lot of responsibility each day, but the “can do” attitude is inspiring and keeps me “driving” to accomplish more each day.
- What sitcom family or friend group would you choose to be a part of?
“What We Do in the Shadows.” It’s way too entertaining of a crew. Not being a vampire may cause an issue, but I think we could get past that.
- Besides a standard computer, what is the earliest piece of technology you remember owning?
I remember that the first microwave we had was a big deal. (Oh, so many exploded hot dogs!) Also, the first VCR we had… It was a top loader with a corded remote. It was such a game changer to be able to record “Friday Night Videos” and watch the next day since I couldn’t stay up that late and didn’t have cable/MTV!
- You’ve been with Nerdio for a while now. What’s motivated you to stick around?
Every day is an adventure, with the opportunity to directly have an impact on the company’s success. There is nowhere to hide, which offers such a great opportunity to push myself and learn so much.
- What’s the most valuable thing you’ve learned while working in tech?
If you’re not a fan of change – get out!
- What’s a current technology trend you’re passionate about?
I’m very interested in wearable technology that can help people track progress toward fitness goals, which keeps people safe and gives insights into our health. Also, “spray fabric” debuted at Paris Fashion Week last year and was very fascinating. If the technology becomes affordable, and if it is truly safe, there are so many possibilities around how it can be used, both for high-end fashion as well as for fast/everyday fashion.